06 April 2010

Only the Wind




It tends to get windy out at the Test Site. But sometimes the wind is so strong that you feel like you might even be lifted off the ground. Or that the building you're in might suddenly be blown off its foundation. Yesterday was one of those days. You could hear the wind rushing around outside and into the building through the cracks in the door and window seals. You feel the draft. And every time someone opens the door to go out a gust roars in and you wonder about their safety. When they do manage to return, they tell the harrowing tale of venturing to the cafeteria. A little while later I had to go across the street to Occ Med. It seemed to have calmed down a bit by then. Still as I took each step I could feel the wind taking hold of my foot and defiantly blowing it aside. I pushed through it easily but the sensation of this force of nature that whips up seemingly out of nowhere, was thrilling as well as curious.

Update 4/28/10

Another week of blinding winds. Waiting at the bus stop has been fun!



-- Post From My iPod Touch

No comments:

Post a Comment