15 February 2010

Flowers and Football Tops

This past weekend was Valentine's Day. My dad gave my mom flowers. Aside from that, it wasn't much acknowledged around here. The bigger event of the weekend was the USA Rugby 7s which I attended at Sam Boyd Stadium. It was a two day tournament with teams from 16 countries taking part. It was fast and exciting and a great time was had by all. I went with Andrew and Patrice from the Mini club. Andrew is an Aussie, so he was all about the Wallabees. I cheered for the USA, who were not expected to do much, but also for teams from the U.K.; England, Scotland and Wales.

We didn't attend the 2nd day of the tournament; just not enough time or cash. And the USA acquited itself well. The team took the bowl match which I think means they came in 3rd altogether. Or 5th. Not quite sure. But well done the Eagles!

I'm a girl who enjoys her sports. And yet, if there was someone who wanted to give me flowers, I'd take those too. Who says we can't have both? Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment