24 December 2010

Singing in the Rain/Umbrella


This week Southern Nevada got one of those heavy, heavy rainfalls that come around very seldom. In Vegas, Henderson and up at the Test Site it came pouring down for three days. It had rained a bit the previous weekend and I had been able to take out my new Burberry umbrella for the first time. But this was just a drizzle compared to this past week. I broke out the trench and the rain hat as well.

I enjoyed the rain for the most part. I just didn't like having to drive to N. LV in it in the morning. But when I got off the bus at the end of the day, Rory was shining with freshly beaded water running off of him.

It's so dry here that we need a nice big rain every now and then. To clean the roads, wash away the dust and just remind us that there's weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment