29 December 2010

Regrets

Another birthday. It's usually the time to reflect on the year. How things have changed, how they've stayed the same. Here's a change: I've gained about 25 pounds this year. And what's stayed the same? I'm still trying to pretend I don't care, and I'm still being held hostage by a bloody number.

And here's something else, I spent most of the day at work yesterday trying to get up the courage to do something, take action on something I've been thinking about for years. Maybe my birthday is the time to do it. But you know what? The day doesn't matter. It's just a point in time, one that comes and goes just like any other. Waking up and making a decision is one thing. Acting on it is all that matters.

Change is never convenient, it doesn't come like clockwork. It doesn't come at all, it must be forced. And year after year I find that I'm still just not brave enough.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment