08 April 2012

Spring


Happiness is a Mets win on Opening Day. Spring has begun in earnest. I'm glad that there are still some things that can get me out of my funk. There are a lot of things really. I forget that from time to time, when things are at their bleakest. The one thing that they have in common is that they take me out of myself. When I marvel at the talent of others. When music makes me sing, and Kenneth makes me laugh. When my Mets make me cheer and a good book takes me to another world. When a good friend makes me smile.

Yesterday John and Pedro came to visit me for the first time since I moved to my new place. We had pizza and watched Harry Potter. And they brought me a popcorn maker! It was nice to have them here since I spend so much time at their house. I ended up staying up late of course which made my plan to maybe go to church for Easter seem less appealing. If the ward met in the afternoon, I might have managed it. But 9:00 a.m. on a Sunday after a late night, highly unlikely. I woke up at around 7, but I was so sleepy and bleary eyed, I went right back to bed until the Mets game at 10:00.

The Mets are having a great opening weekend. They beat the Braves in the first two, shutting them out 1-0 in the opener. David Wright had his first home run yesterday and Lucas Duda hit two homers in the 4-2 win! Today, Jon Niese had a no-hitter through six before it got away from him in the 7th. But the Mets have been hitting. Both Daniel Murphy and Ruben Tejada with multiple hits today. Ike Davis is struggling, but I'm sure he'll break out any day now. And to think that after all the experts picked the Mets last in the NL East coming out of Spring Training, they've just completed a sweep of the Braves, it's quite satisfying. It's okay to live vicariously sometimes right?

No comments:

Post a Comment