20 June 2009

Get Back!

I know I mentioned this a while back, but it is now 20 years since I graduated from high school. Probably exactly. I mean, graduation was usually around the 20th of June right? As far as I know there is someone planning a Reunion for Brentwood High. Maybe separate ones for Ross and Sonderling? But I don't know of any firm details. In any case, it's going to be tricky for me to get back to Brentwood.

To be honest, I'm not exactly dying to go to the reunion itself. I could certainly pass on that experience. But there are a few friends I'd be glad to see again, and when you are pressed for time, the more of them you can get together at once, the better. So we'll see. Otherwise, I'll miss it all just like I did the Prom. And no one will probably notice this time either. Hah.

I don't have much else to say about this subject. Just the usual. Comparing yourself to your friends in terms of how more or less successful they are...and all that. Check. Not wanting everyone to see how fat you've gotten. Check. Or that you aren't married and don't have any kids. Check on that too. We all have these rulers that we measure ourselves with. And I just don't fit on any of them. It's awkward. Well, by the awkwardness measurement, I come out on top every time. That's what's going on.

I kinda want to get back to New York just to see the Mets play in their new park, Citi Field. But I doubt very much I could get away with just sneaking into town without anyone knowing. These days we can't help ourselves when it comes to updating everyone on our latest doings. I post updates to a Twitter feed no one even knows I have so there must be some instrinsic thing, human beings want to be heard, etc. They want to shout out that they exist. I don't shout. That's just not the way I am, but I do tweet. Tiny typed updates. And if I went to see the Mets I'd have to let someone know wouldn't I? Quietly.

In any case, I'd love to get back. Just because...

No comments:

Post a Comment