10 October 2009

Hold On to Your Friends



My friend Jasmine was in town visiting last weekend. I hadn't seen her in two years since we met in London. Of course we go back much further than that. About 8 years via online chats and emails. I've known her longer than anyone here in Vegas, or in Utah where I was before this. Or even in California before that. But I've spent less than 24 hours physically in her company. This time was the longest. A whole day zipping around Vegas in MINIfir with her and her mum. It was a good time, but I was exhausted afterwards. I think it was because it's been a long time since I'd done so much talking! And we did take a very long walk in search of some frozen custard. Totally worth it by the way.

And she is just adorable and so sweet. And to think she's stuck with me all these years instead of slinking away when she got bored like so many others. It's pretty easy to disappear. Especially when you have a head start of about 5000 miles.

We talked about Skip of course. The third member of our little club. The one who never wants to see us at all. A fact Jazzie and I have learned to accept. Sort of.

Still I hold dear our times together. The three of us. And just Jazz and I. Skip made his comment about our visit on my MySpace. He said: Jen and Jazz out on the razz in Vegaz... clever Skip.
Sometimes I forget it was music that brought us all together. Semisonic to be specific. Now we all swoon over Muse. I guess similar taste in music can mean similar sensibilities in other areas. Sort of like the MINI club folks. How can having the same kind of car be enough to bond people together? I fail to understand. I just have to be glad.

A few weeks ago I wrote about visiting Hina, and some of the same mysteries that revealed themselves then. It's not something I envision solving any time soon. But I continue to ponder.


No comments:

Post a Comment