25 January 2011

Song Sung Blue


Yesterday I celebrated Neil Diamond's 70th birthday by listening to a selection of his hits on the iPod in my car. I had been feeling a bit blue at work that morning. But as he says, everybody knows one, every garden grows one. But singing it turns it around. It helped a little.

I wear it proudly, my love of Neil, especially here in Vegas where Elvis is the patron saint, and Neil has often been called the Jewish Elvis. I can relate much more to a Jew from Brooklyn than a southern boy. New York runs through his songs. New York City born and raised... I am... I said.

He also reminds me of my dad. Singing and dancing to the songs on the reel to reel when I was a little girl. Now I'm almost 40 and my dad turns 65 next month, and Neil still brings us together. ....Crunchy Granola Suite...
Hands... Touching hands... Reaching out... Touching me...touching yooooouuuu. Bah bah bah. Sing it!


-- Post From My iPod Touch

No comments:

Post a Comment